About Us & Our Team
Dry Powder Bio, Inc. operates an online marketplace and community connecting biotech company founders, investors, clinicians, suppliers, academia, government, patient advocacy groups, professional services providers, and associations. The goal is to help accelerate medical cures, collaboration, research & investment.
Our core mission is to help speed drug discovery and MedTech innovation by building an ecosystem that helps expand funding research. The second goal is to help commercialize company and researcher products, services, and licensing opportunities more efficiently in the market than today.
Problems Worth Solving:
· Biotech & healthcare companies need to raise capital faster and more efficiently.
· Founders could be spending 80% of their time pitching investors for 6 to 12 months.
· On our platform, companies can pay a small amount for advertising to get exposure to a large sector audience. Our platform currently has over 15,000 listings of which over 12,000 are investors from around the world.
· Companies need to increase liquidity between funding rounds. With 8 to 10+ years exit for a return on investment (ROI), this limits many VC funds. To attract more early-stage investors we can introduce digital tokens that reduce friction and make these tokens tradable between milestones from basic research, phase one clinical trial, phase two clinical trial, etc.
· There is a smaller pool of accredited investors that understand biotech and life sciences that invest. They get a higher percentage of equity in companies for risk and less competition.
· US Government grant funding sources including the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and SBIR and others are promoting faster Lab-to-Market (L2M) commercialization. The annual budget at NIH for research is $41 billion.
· For early basic research funding, it is mostly limited to grants from NIH or foundations today. These researchers and companies pursue non-dilutive funding from these sources but it is very competitive and takes a considerable amount of time to apply as well as compliance if they did win a grant.
· Another area we can help with is educating biotech “retail investors” about biotech through our community, content, and podcasts we will be starting in the fall. We want people to understand private and public biotech companies without needing a medical degree.
Dry Powder Bio, Inc. Team
Our headquarters is in San Francisco and currently have a startup team from seven countries working on our launch. Combined our team has experience in biotech, life sciences, general medicine, blockchain, crypto development, social media, community management, venture capital, and private equity.
Mark Stoner, CEO & Co-Founder, Dry Powder Bio, Inc.
Senior business development leader with US and international sales and marketing experience for professional services firms including tech and consulting experience with Accenture and PriceWaterhouseCoopers. Other roles include working for France Telecom in Paris for 3 years and as a registered lobbyist for the British Government creating foreign direct investment to the UK.
Mark also has experience working for a blockchain development agency where the company launched 25 Initial Coin Offerings (ICO's) that raised over $40 million.
Angel investor and Advisor.
Prentice Tom MD, Co-Founder, Dry Powder Bio, Inc.
Prentice Tom MD is a seasoned healthcare delivery and health technology executive.
He has served as President of Galen Inpatient Services, Chief Innovation Officer of Vituity, Chief Medical Officer at Kintsugi, and faculty at Stanford Medical School. He is a graduate of Harvard Medical School and completed his residency in Emergency Medicine at Johns Hopkins. In his free time, Prentice is an avid skier, cyclist, and Krav Maga practitioner.